Are you remodeling? Then you should not forget to bring out your oscillating tool. You know how things can be so much easier with this kind of tool by your side. Whether you are doing some home repair or an all-out construction, using an oscillating tool can be really helpful. This power tool is designed to help you work on various tasks whether it is cordless or corded.
But still, you can do a lot more tasks if you go for cordless since it is more flexible and you can carry it anywhere. So, here are some of the best cordless oscillating tools that you can choose from.
Best Cordless Oscillating Tool On The Market
Top 6 Best Cordless Oscillating Multi Tool Reviews
DEWALT DCS355D1 20V XR Lithium-Ion Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit
Coming from a well-known brand, DEWALT DCS355D1 Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit is indeed one of the best. This cordless tool uses a powerful brushless motor that can aid comes in handy with a longer runtime compared with other tools. DEWALT DCS355D1 Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit has up to 7 hours run time when fully charged which is perfect for all kinds of projects.
Weighing only 3.2 pounds, this oscillating tool is easy to carry around and do up to 20,000 OPM whenever you need it. It is also packed with various oscillating blades that work efficiently when it comes to sanding to cutting.
Features and Specifications:
- It uses a 20V MAX XR 2.0 Ah compact battery
- Its brushless motor allows it to work 57% longer than other brushed motors
- The dual-grip variable speed trigger makes it easier to control the speed as well as have more gripping options when using it for various applications
- Its built-in LED is bright enough to illuminate any dark work areas to ensure an accurate result
- Its quick-change accessory system allows a fast access to different blades and other attachments smoothly
- Its universal fitment accessories are perfect for cutting, sanding, scraping, and removing mortar or grout
- Its removable battery is easy to remove
- It comes with a built-in LED
- Its minimum lifespan is up to 3 years
- It comes with more than 20 accessories to complete various tasks
- It fits in one hand easily with a small grip
- It can be a little expensive and heavy
- It emits a loud noise during the operation
- It has no speed dial
Makita XMT03Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Multi-Tool
Coming second to DEWALT, Makita XMT03Z Cordless Multi-Tool is perfect for those who already own a kit and other accessories. Even without additional tools, this cordless oscillating multi-tool is proven to be effective and worth its price. Makita XMT03Z Cordless Multi-Tool is designed to work with different applications thanks to its excellent rubber coated grip.
Its ion battery gives it a big advantage as it powers the tool for up to 20 minutes in continuous use. Its variable speed dial also ranges from 6,000 up to 20,000 OPM. Whether you want to cut through metal or sand, this oscillating tool is a pro.
Features and Specifications:
- It uses 18V LXT Lithium-ion battery with power saving feature
- Its power management protects the battery by preventing it from overloading, over-discharging, and overheating
- The LXT rapid optimum charger battery charges for up to 3x faster to run 50% more runtime
- Its 3.2° oscillation angle is designed to work faster and more aggressive for cutting and sanding
- Its variable speed dial can be optimized to match the speed for different applications
- Its tool-less clamp system and ergonomic design is for the fast installation of accessories and improved handling for various applications
- It is very durable and powerful
- It is built with excellent rubber grip for extra support and function
- It is available at an affordable price
- It tool-less clamp system allows an hassle-free accessory installation
- Its battery allows fast charging for better performance
- It does not have an additional LED feature
- Its maximum run time when fully charged is only up to 20 minutes
PORTER CABLE PCC710B 20-volt MAX Lithium Bare Oscillating Tool
If you want an oscillating tool that can hold more than 10 accessories and a whole lot more, PORTER CABLE PCC710B is a great option. PORTER CABLE PCC710B is one of the best power tools which can be compared with DEWALT in power minus its universal adaptor. This oscillating tool runs at a great speed that ranges from 8,000 to 18,000 OPM.
With its complete accessories in one toolkit, you can finish a bunch of work. You can continue to use it with its rechargeable battery for a longer run time. Its impressive over mold grip allows an easy access to the power switch without a hassle.
Features and Specifications:
- It uses a 20V MAX Lithium bare oscillating tool battery
- Its two finger tool-free system allows a quick and easy access for changing and adjusting accessories
- Its variable speed dial is improved with an increased control to match multiple applications
- It has a bright built-in LED for increased visibility in dark work areas anywhere you need it
- Its complete set of 11 accessories are designed for scraping, cutting, sanding, and remove grout
- It has a vibration resistant overmold grip and tool-less oscillating system
- It is 33% lighter than other cordless multi-tools
- It is available at a very affordable price
- Changing and adjusting its accessories is very easy
- It comes with a handy LED that you can rely on any time of the day
- Its built-in functions are perfect for beginners and professional users
- It is not that fast and powerful for huge projects
- It does not include the battery and charger in the package
DEWALT DCS355B 20V XR Oscillating Multi-Tool
Another oscillating tool form DEWALT with a brushless motor, DEWALT DCS355B Oscillating Multi-Tool is one of the top choices on the market. Aside from the fact that it came from a well-known brand, customers prefer it due to its brushless motor. Even though it lacks the power saving feature that other power tools have, its head blade includes a universal adapter.
This cordless package comes with a set of durable and versatile tool that can last up to 57% longer run time. Over other power tools, DEWALT DCS355B Oscillating Multi-Tool is indeed impressive with its quick maintenance and worry-free operation.
Features and Specifications:
- It uses a 20V MAX XR Lithium-ion oscillating multi-tool battery
- Its quick change accessory system allows you to change its blades faster without encountering issues
- DEWALT’s universal accessory adapter can work perfectly with other oscillating tool accessories regardless of its brand
- Its dual drip variable speed trigger gives you a full control of the speed and choice of application
- DEWALT’s oscillating tool guide system allows a hassle-free customization of the depth or height for accuracy
- Its built-in bright LED light comes in handy when illuminating dark work areas to ensure a precise cut and excellent result
- Its sleek and functional design provides comfort and convenience
- It comes with a fast-cut wood blade and a bi-metal wood blade
- Its universal blade adapter can work with almost all brands of oscillating tools
- Its tool manual is very comprehensive
- It does not come with a carrying case
- It does not include the battery and charger
- It’s not made for Durock
BLACK+DECKER BD200MTB 2.0 AMP Variable Speed Oscillating Multi-Tool
Are you in need of a handy tool that you can use for construction or even in just house repairs? BLACK+DECKER BD200MTB Oscillating Multi-Tool is currently one of the top tools that can help you out. This oscillating tool is not just popular because of its brand but also because of its top-notch speed settings.
BLACK+DECKER BD200MTB Oscillating Multi-Tool does not only have 3 but 6-speed settings you can choose from. Its high-quality 2.0 AMP motor runs with great speed that ranges from 10,000 to 20,000 OPM. With its power and features, it is considered one of the toughest power tools today.
Features and Specifications:
- It uses a Class leading 2.0 AMP motor that powers all 13 accessories that are used from sanding to scraping tasks
- It weighs 4.25 pounds and lightweight enough to be used for hours
- Its variable speed settings have 6-speed options offer a more precise performance on various tasks
- Its tool-less release allows an easy and fast operation when changing one accessory to another
- Its quick release lever can be used with ease even without the need to use a hex key
- Its comfortable rubber grips allow better handling and control
- It comes with six sandpaper sheets and a storage bag
- It includes a wood/metal blade, rigid scraper, and a sanding base
- Its included quick start guide is precise and really handy
- Its range of possible applications is higher than other tools
- It does not include a battery
- It is hard to find a replacement for its parts
- It does not have a built-in LED
Fein 71292761090 18-Volt Cordless Oscillating Multi-Tool
If you want an oscillating tool that is specially designed for personal and commercial use, Fein AFSC18QSL Oscillating Multi-Tool with Case is the one. Even though Fein AFSC18QSL Oscillating Multi-Tool with Case is the most expensive in this list, it’s worth the price. In other words, you really get what you pay for since this power tool offers the famous StarLock Mounting System.
Its battery lifespan is longer too compared with other tools so you can use it for hours without charging interruptions. Moreover, it has 50% less noise and 70% less vibrations which makes it easier to control and feel less fatigue.
Features and Specifications:
- It uses 18V, 5.0 Ah Li-ion battery comes with a charge indicator and self-monitoring cells
- It’s built with a Quick in rapid clamping system and exceptional FEIN trademark of quality and durability
- It is the oscillating tool with 4.2° which is the biggest amplitude you can get on the market to make precise cuts with ease
- Its incorporated StarLock Mounting System allows a fast and easy way to change blades in one snap with tool-free accessory change technology
- Its StarLock Max tool mount makes it compatible with all StarLock, StartLockPlus, and StarLock Max accessories
- Changing accessories can be done in one snap
- It includes 2 rechargeable Li-ion batteries
- It has a dust extractor compatible with a vacuum cleaner
- It comes with a battery charger and a tool case for more convenience
- It is made from high-tech materials
- It is very expensive compared with other tools
- It does not have a built-in LED for illuminating dark work areas
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Cordless Oscillating Multi-Tool
Even though it is true that these oscillating tools can be really versatile, they can still do better. That is if you know the right things to consider when purchasing one. Cordless oscillating tools vary too depending on their brand so here are some things worth remembering.
Of course, performance matters a lot since it determines the effectiveness of your oscillating tool. Depending on the brand, you can have two similar tools that draw that same amount of power but produce diverse outcomes. This is because the performance of your tool is also affected by how you use it. As long as you know how to properly use your tool, its performance can improve and lead to great results.
Last but certainly not the least; don’t forget to find a tool that is durable enough to last for years. The longer warranty you can take advantage of the better. But aside from the warranty and services you can get from a durable product, make sure that you inspect it personally to see how it feels and looks.
Since cordless oscillating tools don’t have a direct electrical power source to rely on, it is important to consider its runtime. This means that you have to check if the battery is capable of lasting for as long as you need it. A standard battery is 18V which can work for straight 4 – 5 hours when fully charges. So, look for an oscillating tool that can work for 5 hours or more for your convenience. This way, you can get your job done without stopping frequently to recharge your battery.
- Charging Time
Aside from having a long runtime, it is also important that your tool can be fully charged not longer than 30 minutes. The best oscillating tool should work for at least 50 minutes of continuous use when fully charged. The faster it charges, the better.
Since all of us prefer to do things the easy way, power tool manufacturers made sure that we enjoy a more flexible tool. Thanks to the cordless oscillating tools, you don’t have to deal with electrical cords to trip on and sockets to locate. The best designed cordless oscillating tools should produce less vibration to make it more manageable and result in less fatigue. Just imagine using an oscillating tool that did nothing but to vibrate like there’s no tomorrow.
You will not only strain your hands and arms but also your entire body. Thus, it’s more likely that you will either finish your tasks in record time or postpone it more often to take a break. Another integrated design that the best cordless oscillating tool should have is a bright LED. This will make your work easier since it illuminates your work area especially if you’re working in dim areas.
- Noise Level
No one really wants a loud tool even though most power tools are really loud. But since modern oscillating tools became available on the market, these tools became in-demand worldwide. The less noise your tools produce, the better. You might not even have to wear earplugs that are designed to protect you from noise pollution during the operation. Most of the time, the noise is also due to the large vibration that your tool makes so look for tools with less vibration.
So, are you ready to take a purchase of your first cordless oscillating tool? You may have a lot of products to choose from on the market but can narrow down your search with this guide. You can check out the selected cordless oscillating tools we already reviewed or create your own list based on the top things to consider above. The important thing is you already know what to look for in a power tool and what to expect in the best tools.
You can also find other oscillating tools that fit your needs and budget better. Lastly, don’t forget to follow us for more informative reviews about power tools.