Laser levels are modern-day devices which have been tried and tested to make it easy for people to have a high accuracy even when the job is a tough one like hanging cabinets properly, placing doors and windows without a tilt, constructing walls, and for other such tasks which need perfect level alignments.
I know that there are many laser level reviews present on the web but this one is different because it has been written after taking into consideration you, the consumer who is looking to choose the best laser level for your needs.
One such company that manufactures some of the best laser level products available on the market is Dewalt. Because of their usefulness and reliability laser levels have become an important piece of equipment in many industries especially the construction industry with flooring installers, framers, painters, cabinet installers, and more.
Tradesmen have tried and tested various laser levels and have shared with us which laser levels they think are best. They have given us their pros and cons for each product. Laser level reviews collected by these professionals have been consolidated in this article for the benefit of all of our readers.
And so, it will teach you from the very basics. Even if you are new here, by the time you are finished reading these laser level reviews, you will be confident enough to go and buy the best laser level and comfortably use it for all your needs.
Comparison Chart of Top Rated Dewalt Laser Level
What’s a laser level?
There was once a time when people used tape measures, levels, strings, and other basic equipment to do even tasks of aligning things on the walls in the house. Soon, developers and manufacturers from around the world developed a laser beam projector that could be used in many ways to do the same jobs that usually took a lot of effort and still seemed inaccurate.
This projector is what we call the laser levels, and they are an important part of our lifestyle now. And they are no longer just laser beam projectors either. They have been transformed into many categories based on the way they emit light and perform. The three main types are:
Dot Lasers: These project reference dots on the desired surface and are very accurate for long distances. But their “long-range” is actually quite short from today’s standards.
Line Lasers: These project a straight line and work over a distance of approximately 80 feet (24.38 m) and are compact. They can even be mounted on regular camera tripods. But these are usually built for indoor use and for good quality, the price range is high.
Rotary Laser Levels: These project a line but the line can rotate in 360 degrees. They are highly accurate and ideal for both indoor and outdoor jobs as they can be very powerful. This added functionality means that they are bulkier and usually cost more.
The importance of a laser level is underestimated. Even a slight deviation of a straight line in everyday places like stairs, ceiling, and floors can be a major nuisance. So, whether you are a professional, or someone who likes to be precise and have things around you accurately placed, knowing what to look for while buying the best laser level will always be a useful skill.
So let us consider, through these laser level reviews, the features to look for and the pros and cons of various Dewalt Laser Level models available in the market so that you yourself can be the judge of which one is the best laser level for your specific needs.
Dewalt has been manufacturing laser levels from many years now. They have a variety of products to offer depending on the needs of their users. We are going to analyse and review all the Dewalt Laser Level products here.
- It features excellent levelling capabilities, various projection features and a durable design.
- It has several mounting options, which means you can use it in a variety of situations and for many different projects.
- The self-leveling features are excellent and allow you to quickly set up laser level lines without a fuss. It is quite sturdy and reliable.
- But this tool lacks a locking pendulum, which often is both a safety feature to protect the integrity of the level and a useful feature for projecting lines out of level when needed. So this should be used when you don’t have some heavy work in line.
Indoor work like cabinet alignment is ideal work for this.
- When it comes to finding the best laser level, it all comes down to precision and functionality. These words are almost synonymous with this model.
- Its ¼ inch tripod works perfectly with the laser to effortlessly for framing jobs with you need to mount the laser level to create a straight wall.
- It features a full-time pulse mode that maintains the brightness of the line while extending the range to 165 feet (50.29 m). Even though not intended for outdoor purposes, it still offers visibility of 50 feet (15.24 m) outside.
- Even after these improvements, DW088K was not intended for large commercial jobs. Its accuracy and precision are geared more towards smaller rooms often found in a single family home.
- It is ideal for expert users who are in need of installing a flooring, tile, framing and hanging dry wall.
- This model combines simplicity and accuracy and takes perfection to another level.
- Like its predecessor, it is compact and sturdy. One big difference between the two is that this newer and more evolved model has a 3 beam line laser, instead of a regular basic laser.
- It even comes with a micro-knob to adjust the beams, so you don’t need to move the entire level just to hit specific marks.
- The IP54 rating offered implies that it is dust and water-resistant! Even its light is brighter to ensure high visibility.
- So if the price is not a factor, this model will let you on any site, from residential to commercial, show your magic!
So, the conclusion is that you as a consumer should choose the best laser level brand. And Dewalt laser levels with their tried and tested technologies and designs will let you have everything you need with a guarantee of reliable service.